Overheated Laptop Causes Maryland Apartment Building Fire

www.nbcwashington.com -

www.nbcwashington.com—An overheated laptop caused a two-alarm fire that displaced 25 people from a Silver Spring, Maryland, apartment building early Saturday, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue. The laptop caused a bed to catch fire on the second floor of the three-story building in the 500 block of Thayer Avenue. Women Climb Union Station Flagpoles to Protest President The fire department received the call just after midnight. Firefighters rescued several people from the building. One adult was taken...

Man on fire jumps from burning apartment building. Police said careless smoking in the unit sparked the blaze.